-
June 12th, 2000, 04:00 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have a Bell & Howell 8mm projector, Model 357Z and I would like to know if it can project Super-8 film.
Thanks
-
June 12th, 2000, 07:00 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't know that projector but if it says 8mm and not S8 or anything like that then--No.
-
June 13th, 2000, 11:18 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thanks Nigel.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nigel:
I don't know that projector but if it says 8mm and not S8 or anything like that then--No.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
-
June 21st, 2000, 01:02 PM
#4
eddie
Guest
my projector has a slider switch that allows it to project either. It basically slides a plate over the projection hole with a square hole in it. The super8 hole is larger than the standard.
Super8 only has perforations along one side of the film, whereas standard has both sides (I think)
Hope that helps
-
June 21st, 2000, 01:08 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Thanks Eddy. It looks like this projector cannot be used for super 8
-
June 21st, 2000, 02:26 PM
#6
Inactive Member
actually reg8 has only one sided perfs as well but they are different spacing. the sprocket holes are always on the cut line between frames and being that super8 has a bigger frame then reg8 they had to change the sprocket placement. there are alot of projectors that can do both. they usually boast it somewhere in big letters though so if it doesn't say so anywhere obvious then chances are it doesn't. the most coming catch phrase is "dual 8".
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks